Follow these tips to take care of your hair and it can last you anywhere from 12 to 18 months!
- Always use a heat protectant before working with any kind of heated styling tools (if not, your wefts can become very brittle, produce split ends, and get very dry and frizzy.)
- Condition your hair at least once every week & shampoo every 3 1/2 weeks. *timeframe can vary depending on amount of styling and product build up*
- If your hair is sewn in, try to wrap or braid it every night under your silk bonnet or durag to maintain moisture and eliminate unnecessary shedding/tangling. For wigs, light handedly comb out your unit and place on mannequin head overnight to preserve style. If curly, apply Flexi-rods or hair rollers to preserve.
Special Instructions for curly hair, in addition to tips mentioned above:
- ONLY detangle hair when it is WET! Detangling while dry can cause unnecessary breakage and hair loss.
- Use a leave in conditioner/water mix to help keep your curls/waves moisturized.- Detangle your curly/wavy hair EVERY morning and night before wrapping or displaying!
- ALWAYS comb/detangle from the ends up!
- Use a DAILY* curling cream with water to help with moisture and to prevent shedding/tangling/interlocking of the curls/waves.